EMA is governed by STATUTES agreed by all members and lodged with the authorities in The Hague, Netherlands.
For a full copy of the Statutes, click here. The key components of the statutes are shown next:
Members of EMA meet in an annual General meeting, hosted by one of the member organisations.The General Meeting of Members is chaired by the President of EMA and in his/her absence, it is chaired by a Vice President.
The business transacted at each General Meeting shall include:
(1) the appointment of members to the Executive Committee
(2) the determination of annual subscriptions
(3) reception of the annual report of the Executive Committee about the previous activities and the management and finances of the association, approval of financial statements and budget
(4) approval of any resolution to amend the Constitution and to adopt criteria for admissions to membership
(5) appointment or dismission of EMA officers.
The Executive Committee meets twice a year. Amongst its tasks are:
(1) implementation of resolutions of the members taken in the annual General Assembly meeting,
(2) preparation of an activities’ programme,
(3) consideration of applications for membership, and
(4) consideration of the financial accounts of the association.